As the High Holidays approach, one phrase is often repeated through both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur: “Repentance, Prayer and Charity remove the evil decree.” Now is the time of year when charity is encouraged more than ever.
At Jewish Family & Children’s Service, we serve our community members, helping them through life’s challenges with proven, comprehensive services that reassure them that a better day is within reach. In the midst of a troubling economy, our agency is working harder than ever to provide our clients with the kind of help that ignites and renews hope.
Because of kind, generous people like you, we have rekindled hope in the more than 8,000 people we served last year. The financial support of our community members is critical to our agency continuing to provide our clients with the tools to meet their current challenges and provide them with the ongoing support that allows them to reach and maintain self-sufficiency.
We recently mailed our Annual Appeal, and we are again reaching out to you to raise the funds required to ensure those who are struggling get the help they need and begin to hope again.
Sometimes life’s challenges can become so overwhelming that people lose hope. At times like these they need kindness and support, along with the right tools and a plan to move forward. You can change lives with a gift to JF&CS–a gift of hope.
Your support helps JF&CS make a direct impact in the lives of our thousands of individuals and families.
As so many in our community are in need, gifts both large and small make a huge difference. There are many reasons to support JF&CS, and many ways of doing so. If you haven’t yet received the JF&CS Annual Appeal, please consider supporting our work in one of the following ways:
- Gifts of cash – Simply write and mail a check to JF&CS or donate online with a credit card.
- Gifts of Stock – Consider donating appreciated securities (stocks, bonds or mutual funds you’ve held for more than one year) to JF&CS. For more information contact Melissa Goodfriend, JF&CS Development Associate, by email or call 412-586-3777.
- Tribute Gifts – Give a gift that is from the heart–a donation in honor of someone special or in memory of a loved one. Donate online now and select JF&CS Tribute Card in the donor designation. Leave the rest to us–we’ll promptly mail a beautiful tribute card to the recipient.
- Planned Giving – Create a legacy of caring. Establish an endowment or make a charitable bequest to help ensure we may continue to provide critical human services to those who are struggling with lifecycle transitions and crises. Call 412-586-3777 for more information.
- Contact Us – If there is another way you would like to financially support JF&CS, or if you would like to explore additional donation options, please call Melissa at 412-586-3777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every one of us at JF&CS is committed to improving lives–every day, for every client–and your support directly helps us to deliver on that promise.
On behalf of the thousands of lives that will be made better because of your generous response, THANK YOU.