The Pittsburgh Foundation’s annual Day of Giving will be here tomorrow, which means gifts made to JF&CS through www.pittsburghgives.org will go even further in helping us continue to improve the lives of the families and individuals who turn to us in times of need.
Donations will be matched from a pool of funds through The Pittsburgh Foundation all day tomorrow, October 3rd, through 11:59 p.m. Please keep in mind that you cannot designate a specific program within JF&CS on the PittsburghGives website, but if you would like us to direct your gift to the Squirrel Hill Community Food Pantry, or a specific program or service area, just email us and let us know your intention!
For your convenience, we’ve put together instructions below to help you through your PittsburghGives donation, and remember:
- Only credit card donations of $25 or more received through www.pittsburghgives.org during the 24 hours of October 3rd will be matched for this event. Donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted through PittsburghGives and will not be counted toward the Day of Giving.
- Make sure to select Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Pittsburgh!
- Each gift is tax deductible. If you’ve designated Jewish Family & Children’s Service as beneficiary of your generosity, JF&CS will receive your donation from The Pittsburgh Foundation, along with the pro-rated “bonus” from the match pool. Note that your credit card charge will display as a donation to “The Pittsburgh Foundation” on your credit card statement.
Day of Giving Instructions
1. Go to www.pittsburghgives.org.
2. Click on Donate Now.
3. Enter your name, email and phone number in appropriate boxes. You must have a valid email address to receive a tax receipt for your donation.
4. Start typing your nonprofit selection (Jewish Family & Children’s Service) in the box and select it from the drop down box. You can also select the nonprofit you wish to donate to by viewing all nonprofits or you can narrow your search to Pittsburgh by selecting the list from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the amount you wish to give (only credit card donations of $25 or more will be accepted). Once you are ready to complete your transaction, click “Go To Checkout” and you will be taken to the secure credit card screen.
6. Mastercard and Visa are accepted for payment and you will receive confirmation of your donation and a tax receipt via email within an hour of the transaction. Please remember to notify your credit card issuer if you plan to make a large donation as they may hold your transaction as per your fraud protection services. The minimum gift per organization is $25. Enter in your credit card information on the secure server and click “submit”. You will receive confirmation that your donation has been received and an email will be sent to you for tax purposes.
7. Don’t forget to share your donation via social media and encourage others to give as well.
The work we do at JF&CS is instrumental in proving to individuals and families who are struggling that a better day is always within reach, and your support is essential to keeping that work going. Thank you in advance for supporting JF&CS on this very special Day of Giving.