On Saturday, November 17th, JF&CS held our Lifecycles & Laughtracks gala, where we celebrated 75 years of JF&CS and our impact in the Greater Pittsburgh community to a sell-out crowd of more than 260 guests.
Gala chairs Carolyn and Marc Mendelson, their hard-working committee and JF&CS marketing staff worked hard to put together a wonderful evening of great food, drinks and company, and comedy writer Alan Zweibel entertained with stories of his lengthy career, from his beginnings as a comedy writer in New York and his days at “Saturday Night Live” to his recent work in TV, movies and books.
Many thanks also to our lead sponsors, Genco and the Jewish Healthcare Foundation, and our 48 other sponsors listed below, to our advertisers, in-kind donors, guests and to our Honorary Chairs Barbara and Herb Shear for their staunch and generous support of JF&CS and their kind words of welcome and tribute.
Prior to our celebration on Saturday night, JF&CS was featured in several articles about this historic anniversary. In the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, JF&CS’s programs and services, as well as several clients from the Career Development Center and the Refugee Department are featured in an article about the agency’s history and the social services and support JF&CS provides to so many in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Click here to read the article.
In the Jewish Chronicle, JF&CS President & CEO Aryeh Sherman reflects on JF&CS’s progress in the Pittsburgh community over the past 75 years and what the future holds for the agency. Click here to read the article.
As we look back on the celebration of this milestone anniversary, we’re so proud of our 75-year legacy of making a profound impact in peoples’ lives, and we are committed to providing support, service, and continued innovation in light of evolving community needs and challenges for the next 75 years and more.
We’ve accomplished quite a lot in 75 years, we have you – our donors, supporters and friends – to thank for your steadfast support!
Many thanks to those who joined us that evening! If you weren’t able to join us or if you would like to relive the excitement of the evening, make sure to take a look the photo gallery on our website, and visit our Facebook page for even more!
- Jewish Healthcare Foundation
- AON Risk Services Companies
- Wendy and David Barensfeld
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Normandy Products Company
- Staley Capital Advisers, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- big Burrito Restaurant Group
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC.
- First National Bank
- Henderson Brothers
- Iron City Uniform Rental
- PJ Dick, Trumbull & Lindy Paving
- Louis Plung & Co.
- Bill & Nancy Rackoff
- Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
- Sandy & Edgar Snyder
- Thorp Reed & Armstrong, LLP
- Alpern Rosenthal
- Bruce & Cheryl Americus
- Edward and Rose Berman Philanthropic Fund of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
- Betsy & Marc Brown
- Dr. Barbara & David Burstin
- Campbell & Levine
- Dollar Bank
- Elizabeth Carbide Die Co., Inc.
- Fine Foundation
- Groff Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Fox Rothschild
- Halpern Foundation
- Diane & David Lassman
- Littles Shoes
- Markovitz Dugan & Associates
- Mendelson Electric, LLC
- Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP
- The Jack A. & Bernice E. Meyers Philanthropic Fund of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
- National Apartment Laundries
- NuGo Nutrition
- Donald & Sylvia Robinson Family Foundation
- Colin M. Rosenberg of The Rosenberg Firm of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Rothman Gordon, P.C.
- Fern & Stephen Schwartz
- Marlene & Art Silverman
- Sitko Bruno, LLC
- Tri-State Pediatric Associates