The Pittsburgh Foundation’s DAY OF GIVING is finally here! Today, between 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m., every donation made to JF&CS will be matched on a pro-rated basis by The Pittsburgh Foundation, making your gift go even further and maximizing your impact.
You can make your annual, or an additional, gift to JF&CS. And, if you let us know your intentions, you can ask us to direct your gift to a specific JF&CS program like the Squirrel Hill Community Food Pantry or SOS Pittsburgh. Or even use your donation toward your ticket purchase to attend JF&CS’s 75-year anniversary gala to be held on November 17.
See the easy instructions below to help you through your PittsburghGives donation, and remember:
- Only credit card donations of $25 or more received through www.pittsburghgives.org during the 24 hours of October 3, 2012 will be matched for this event. No donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted.
- Make sure to select Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Pittsburgh!
- Each gift is tax deductible. If you’ve designated Jewish Family & Children’s Service as beneficiary of your generosity, JF&CS will receive your donation from The Pittsburgh Foundation, along with the pro-rated “bonus” from the match pool. Note that your credit card charge will display as a donation to “The Pittsburgh Foundation” on your credit card statement.
- You cannot designate a specific program within JF&CS on the PittsburghGives website, but if you would like us to direct your gift to a specific program or toward your gala ticket purchase, just email us and let us know your intention.
Day of Giving 2012 Instructions
1. Go to www.pittsburghgives.org
2. Click on Donate Now.
3. Enter your name, email and phone number in appropriate boxes. You must have a valid email address to receive a tax receipt for your donation.
4. Start typing your nonprofit selection (Jewish Family & Children’s Service) in the box and select it from the drop down box. You can also select the nonprofit you wish to donate to by viewing all nonprofits or you can narrow your search to Pittsburgh by selecting the list from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the amount you wish to give (example: 50.00). Once you are ready to complete your transaction, click “Go To Checkout” and you will be taken to the secure credit card screen.
7. Don’t forget to share your donation via social media and encourage others to give as well.
The work we do at JF&CS is instrumental in proving to individuals and families who are struggling that a better day is always within reach, and your support is essential to keeping that work going. Thank you in advance for supporting JF&CS on this very special Day of Giving.