Do you know about JF&CS’s Caregiver Connection? Caregiver Connection is our registry of fully-screened and trained caregivers who provide affordable, in-home personal assistance to older adults for short- or long-term engagements.
We hear from local families — and from adult children living outside of Pittsburgh — what a valuable resource our Caregiver Connection is for their loved ones. Having a reliable, trustworthy and compassionate caregiver can be critical to keeping an aging loved one safe and comfortable at home.
I talked with Holly Anderson, our caregiver services coordinator, about what makes JF&CS’s Caregiver Connection exceptional. She shared a few highlights:
- Caregivers want to work with JF&CS and are motivated to provide outstanding care. Some caregivers in our registry have been with us for 20 years!
- You get to choose the caregiver that best meets your family’s needs, rather than having someone else decide for you. Since the caregivers are independent contractors, you negotiate fees directly with the caregivers. This leads to rates that are generally much more affordable than competing organizations.
- You only pay a small administrative fee to JF&CS for referrals to potential caregivers who can meet your needs; caregiver screening, interviewing and quarterly trainings; 24/7 back-up coverage; and client and caregiver advocacy.
- Under a new initiative, all caregiver clients are offered a comprehensive, in-home evaluation. Performed by one of our licensed geriatric social workers, the evaluation (which is covered by insurance in most cases) is the first step in ensuring that older adults are receiving the community services they need to maintain their independence and age with dignity.
- As a program of JF&CS’s older adult services and AgeWell Pittsburgh, our Caregiver Connection easily can connect seniors to the many other services offered by our agency or our AgeWell Pittsburgh partners.
JF&CS encourages current Caregiver Connection clients and their families to refer friends, neighbors and colleagues to our registry, and we recently launched an incentive program. When a new client has received services for more than one month, JF&CS will waive a portion of the referring client’s administrative fee in a subsequent invoice.
Help us spread the word — no one has to face the challenges of aging alone.
JF&CS is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to operate as a home care registry. To learn more about Caregiver Connection, please visit our website or call JF&CS’s Maxine Horn, information & referral specialist for AgeWell Pittsburgh, at 412.422.0400.